Thursday, December 17, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
This is my final carrier and labels. I'm happy with the way it printed and think the colors go well together and provide a good contrast. I changed the labels a little bit to match the changes in the case better. Assembling the carrier took a whole afternoon, making sure I cut everything right and glued in the right places. Placing the labels on the bottles also took a while too.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
I chose to illustrate The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. The initial pencil comps focused on some major themes in the story such as alienation, shame, and secrecy. For the marker comp I wanted to depict the shame Hester feels from the conservative Puritan society. I want this illustration to be kind of stylized with loose lines and blending of colors. I'm still trying to make it so Hester doesn't look like a little girl on the cover. I've got some reworking to do on the body language.
This is my final slot machine illustration. I'm happy with the way it came out. The colors are pretty close to what it looks like on the illustration. I had the most fun with the movement of the panels. I had trouble making the lights look really bright. This illustration was fun to do because of all of the colors.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Here's another revision of red barn. I changed everything again. I decided to focus on the word "paint" from slogan. I found a picture of a booth full of paintings and incorporated those into the pamphlet, poster, newspaper ad, and web banner. I added an exhibitor form on the pamphlet that can be cut off. I also added the logos for the two sponsors. I spent a while re-doing everything and I'm happy with the way it's going. pamphlet exterior
Friday, November 20, 2009
These are my two marker comps for the slot machine illustration. I got some feedback on the first one (the bottom) which suggested to add lights to the slot machine. I did this for the second one and I think it helps you hear the "ding, ding, ding" of the slot machine. I'll probably use more of a red than orange in the illustration. This is my thanksgiving homework woo hoo!
This is my final for the world record. I added the text to be like the caution signs saying "life with caution". I'm happy with most parts of the illustration and I like the colors. I would say the guy's face gave me a lot of trouble and whatever changes I made didn't show up as well in the picture I took of the illustration.
My concept so far for this project is some sort of beer. Sarah gave me the idea that based off of my color scheme I could do some sort of fruity beer like raspberry. The name for my drink is going to be EMCEE. I got this from the beginning of my first name and my middle initial which is C. I'm kind of going with a trendy design. My logo isn't finished yet, but I used a photoshop brush and layer filters to create the green texture.
For the final revision I worked on making the first of the three textured panels bolder. I also worked with different cutouts that I think resolved the piece better. The text visibility of this piece was really hard to resolve. I had to do different prints experimenting with the colors and print settings. I ended up duplexing both sides on the same piece of paper so it would fold easier. I'm happy with the result.