Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First two days of Illustration...

I have watercolored before so I was excited to start Illustration last week. For the first assignment of painting basically whatever we wanted to get familiar with the medium I just painted what I saw around my apartment. Many of the objects were sitting on the counter, but I even opened my door and just painted what I saw out the door. It was interesting to not dwell one picture and have to move on quickly to get ten done. The two from that day that I'm posting are the view out my door and a stuffed, fuzzy duck of my roommate's.
The next assignment of painting 10 landscapes was a little difficult because I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to spend on them. I painted the sky first on each painting and then went in later to add the land, trees, etc. I really enjoy painting landscapes, but I found it hard to do them in a short amount of time. Also I think it would have been more helpful to have some sort of reference to paint from. The two below are my favorites from the 10.




No comments:

Post a Comment