Wednesday, September 16, 2009

starting a magazine layout

Our new assignment is a magazine layout for an article entitled: "Stressed Out! Let the Most Frazzled Win!". Because we were already given the headline and the body copy, this project is focused on typesetting and layout instead of concept. This article is for Mature Living Magazine in the Modern Lifestyles section. That is something that is important to keep in mind because as a college student it would be easy for me to create something for my age group, but with this magazine I'll have to design for an older demographic. For today a rough comp was due. I worked with setting the type a lot, and didn't focus much on the headline, imagery, or color. I want to make the headline span the 2-page spread and incorporate imagery underneath the heading. I'm not at all sure what color scheme I want to use yet. I'll have more detail on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment